• Do I really want to be where the rubber meets the road? Really?
• I still can’t really understand why McDonald’s is always a proud sponsor of the Olympics … because when I think of an Olympic athlete who has trained their entire life to be the best in the world, I think of a number 3 combo.
• There is a big difference in the quality of photo from a cheap lens and an expensive lens. BIG difference.
• I’m trying to figure this out: If I ever get to the point where I need to convince someone to leave town because there’s just not enough room for the both of us, is Bellevue really just a one-horse town, or is there more room here than I realize?
• I’ve woken up hungry plenty of times. I can’t remember ever waking up simply because I’m hungry. Especially not screaming about it at 3am.
• Obama’s acceptance speech last night was great. Here are some things that might have made his speech even better. Or at least more hilarious.
— If only he’d used the word “Sucka” more.
— If he’d come out wearing one of those little red Chuck-E-Cheese bowler hats and a matching tie.
— If he’d hopped onto Biden’s shoulders and challenged McCain to a game of chicken.
— If, in an exact recreation of the 1983 Motown 25 television special, he’d moonwalked across the stage, flipped his hat into the crowd, grabbed his crotch, and then disappeared into a cloud of smoke, never saying a word.
— If out of nowhere he was sporting a ‘Fro.
— If the entire time he made absolutely no reference to the Presidency at all, but instead only focused on his insatiable love for some baby back ribs.
— If the speech had been given by his ventriloquist doll, Little ‘Bama.”
— If he’d been holding the little chihuahua from the Taco Bell commercials the entire time, never mentioning or making reference to it.
— If, after all the time and millions of dollars spent on the campaign, he’d simply declined the nomination. What would they have done?