on the whole job/insurance thing … basically I am waiting to hear what my employers are going to do. There are some options on the table. The best option, at least from my side of the table, maybe not theirs) is to extend health insurance options to part-time employees. That would solve everything. They looked into it a few months ago and never really did anything with it. So this is an option I hope they take, but they may not. If they don’t, I will talk to them about other options. I just sincerely hope they don’t plan on doing “nothing.” The powers in charge have told me they won’t leave me hanging. So really that’s all I have to go on at this point.
I officially have a month before going down to part-time.
If this insurance business gets cleaned up and taken care of, I will be heading down the freelance designer / painter extraordinaire route with my career. Michelle is fully supportive of this. It will allow me more time to do what I really want to be doing (working for myself) and very importantly, lots more time at home to help out Michelle and be with our future child. The only reason I would go get another job (or even a part-time job at somewhere like Starbucks that offers health benefits) is if I can’t keep my current policy through the birth in June.
Did I mention that because I am an expectant father, I am uninsurable until the baby’s born? I find this policy by the insurance companies to be undeniable proof that they are evil and most likely dine on baby kittens in their penthouse suites carved out of pure gold.